RE: Heating the shop

Subject: RE: Heating the shop
From: Bill & Sue <billandsueb@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 15:10:43
John,

We considered extending our house central heating to the garage, but in the
end I calculated how much extra insulation would be required to bring the
garage insulation up to the standard required to allow us to keep the
temperature above 21 degrees during our winter using a single electric
heater with a thermostat on the grounds of cost and simplicity.

The insulation figures (in watts/sqM/degree) for walls ceilings and floors
were found in a DIY heating manual and the results proved spot on.

Like most things involving the europa, (so far!) it proved much simpler to
do than we feared!

Bill & Sue Kit 465