Re: Metal parts.

Subject: Re: Metal parts.
From: LTS <lts@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 18:09:22
I think it might be a very different thing here in the UK, especially near
the South coast where I live. I once kept an aircraft within 1/2 mile of the
sea. There were definate signs of corrosion after a short time.

All the steel parts on my kit (not Europa) were plated, some aluminium parts
were painted and most of the remaining aluminium parts I have had hard
anodised (not those which are bonded).

Jerry
                      LTS@avnet.co.uk
           www.avnet.co.uk/touchdown