Re: Tape Adhesive solvent?

Subject: Re: Tape Adhesive solvent?
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:47:27
> O.K., I'll bite. What the heck does "polar"  or  "non-polar" refer to?
>
> Jeremy Constant
> A114

This refers to the molecules that make up the liquid.  If the molecule acts
like a little magnet, with a north and south pole then it is refered to as
"polar"; water is the most common example.  If it does not have any magnetic
moment then it is "non-polar"; oil being a common example.  Polar and non-polar
molecules will not dissolve one another or even mix (see oil and water).

BDR
(not a chemical engineer, I just play one on the web)