Tape Adhesive solvent?

Subject: Tape Adhesive solvent?
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:01:42
            Lord, this net is marvellous!
            I used some aluminium tape to mask the big undercarriage casting
for painting and it did a splendid job, mainly because of the super melding
into all the corner/
            HOWEVER, when time came to peel away, what came off was the
aluminium, leaving the adhessive firmly attached to critical cutouts where
bronze bushings live. I have tried M-E-K, Toluol and Acetone without success
and beg to know what would lift this adhesive........ The tape is so old,
the fax number to tye firm is probably out of date as have had no reply as
yet.
            Any and all suggestions gratefully received, and
Happy Landings,
Ferg