Re: Tape Adhesive solvent?

Subject: Re: Tape Adhesive solvent?
From: Rob Housman <ROBHOUSMAN@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 08:26:51
Each of the solvents you tried is a polar compound and their failure to do
the job suggests that you need a non-polar solvent.  The general rule is
"like dissolves like" so try something labeled paint (not lacquer) thinner,
turpentine, or mineral spirits which are non-polar solvents (gasoline/petrol
would work but it's not a good idea to use it unless you are very far away
---From ignition sources such as the gas hot water heater you may have in your
garage "workshop").  You can also use some household items such as vegetable
oil, peanut oil, olive oil, etc., which are also non-polar, and are the
safest because none will ignite easily, but these will not dissolve the goop
as quickly.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070