Re: Color affecting skin temperature

Subject: Re: Color affecting skin temperature
From: James R. Stoutemyer <jstoutemyer@fuse.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 23:03:24
Rob and Fred,

Use of metallic paint will have a detrimental affect on performance of
internally
mounted antennas,  specifically reception and transmit range.    Degree of
signal
losses in db not mathematically quantifiable,  but would be variably
proportional
to percentage of metallic material in the mix:  less metal=less signal loss and
more metal=more signal loss.  Worst case could be total signal blockage,  not
the
most joyous thing to find out about after the paint is dry.

Perhaps there is someone already flying a composite with metallic color coat
that
can enlighten further on radio performance of internal antennae.

Jim Stoutemyer