RE: Hoax

Subject: RE: Hoax
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@home.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 08:46:25
I received this form a friend.  I am not familiar this information, and
thought others may be like me.

"Words fail us at times like this. They can mislead us as well. In the wake
of Tuesday's tragedy, I received a few copies of a horrific piece of e-mail:
a verse attributed to 16th century prophet Nostradamus. The eight lines seem
to predict the World Trade Center attack and the subsequent start of World
War III. If you've received this e-mail, please don't forward it: it's a
malicious hoax. Some of the words do indeed come from Nostradamus (though
they've been spliced, diced, and rearranged to form a coherent prediction).
But the most worrisome specifics--lines such as "In the city of York there
will be a great collapse, two twin brothers torn apart by chaos" and "The
third big war will begin when the big city is burning"--are fabricated whole
cloth. Shame on those who would spend their energies spreading fear while
we're all so vulnerable."

Cliff Shaw