Re: Brakes

Subject: Re: Brakes
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 22:19:17
>Haven`t tried the heel brakes, but the dual hand brakes work better than
>their appearance would suggest. PFA were impressed too!
>
>Duncan mcFadyean

One of the early UK tri gear builders was the first with this mod. Ivan
tried it and was very impressed. So much so that the "not invented here"
syndrome was overpowered. He incorporated it in the Liberty and I'm sure he
would recommend it to any tri gear builder. I do not know if the parts are
available yet. You could talk to Jim Thursby or Bob Berube in Flrorida
perhaps?

I found the standard tri gear brakes awkward in the extreme. I also found
that it wasn't the problem I expected because on take off rudder authority
was immediate on opening the throttle for take off. I was still nervous
about the landing but that wasn't a problem either. Even with 10 kts of
crosswind component,  the rudder worked until quite low ground speed.

Graham