Re: a plane is born

Subject: Re: a plane is born
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 18:35:24

>Did anyone by any chance record the complete series of 'a plane is born'
>when it was run throughout the day before Christmas 2000? If so, may I be
>cheeky and ask for a copy please?

Shamraz - you might find it worthwhile to get on the subscription
list for the factory newsletter - they will send it to you in
exchange for money even if you're not build yet. (And of course the
Europa Club newsletter is good value too!) I mention this because in
#30 of Jun 01 they say that the "Plane is Born" series is to be
available on tape from Discovery soon by mail-order and will be
advertised on-air. However, I don't have any of these paid-for TV
channels so I don't know where to send my money for it - maybe
someone with the right reception equipment might alert us when the
ads appear, and tell us the mail-order address, etc?

I know one or two people taped the back-to-back showing of the
series, but by the time you make a dub of that the quality will be
starting to suffer, so I'd rather wait & pay for the official release.

regards

Rowland