Re: sticky bits

Subject: Re: sticky bits
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 18:23:53
Mineral spirits may do to, but I've never experienced any damage to
any cured epoxy resin using lacquer thinner or MEK.  I've used it to
clean surfaces prior to bonding, and I think the manual so specifies?

Regards,
Fred F., A063

EuropaChris@netscape.net wrote:

> Yes, yes!!  I'll be at this point very soon when we get started on our Stage
3.  Our fuse is covered with that darn packing tape, and it leaves all the
adhesive
on the fiberglass.  What a mess.

> One thing I've used in the past is Goof Off, a citrus based solvent.  Seems
> pretty
harmless, and then just wash off the residue with a good cleaner (Dawn
detergent).
I'd be wary of using any other solvents to remove the residue, like
laquer thinner.