Re: sticky bits

Subject: Re: sticky bits
From: EuropaChris@netscape.net
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:31:29
Yes, yes!!  I'll be at this point very soon when we get started on our Stage 3.
Our fuse is covered with that darn packing tape, and it leaves all the adhesive
on the fiberglass.  What a mess.

One thing I've used in the past is Goof Off, a citrus based solvent.  Seems
pretty
harmless, and then just wash off the residue with a good cleaner (Dawn
detergent).
I'd be wary of using any other solvents to remove the residue, like
laquer thinner.

Chris
A159

"Paul Stewart" <paul-d.stewart@virgin.net> wrote:

> Two questions
>
> 1 Anyone got any tips for removing stick residue left behind form parcel
> tape/masking
tape on the smooth surfaces of wings and fuselage. I'm concious of not
using solvents which may damage either the surface or the underlying glass.

> 2 Is the Redux 420 subject to the same weighing tolerances as resin ie. 1%
> resin,
2% hardner. I can't find any referance to tolerances for 420 in the manual.