Re: Unreliable Terra TX760 transceivers.

Subject: Re: Unreliable Terra TX760 transceivers.
From: Jerry Davis <lts@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 08:11:03
Icom A200

They work very well and there is nothing wrong with them except I think they
do not comply with some requirement possibly an EC requirement. Consequently
they are no longer offered for sale in the UK for installation into UK
aircraft. If you bought one before they lost their approval then I don't
think there is a problem even if you didn't fit it yet. Generally speaking
if an approval is withdrawn operators may continue using equipment that was
approved before approval was withdrawn.

There may not even be a problem if you bought one recently and want to fit
it. I don't know how thoroughly the licensing agency checks before they
issue licences? I have several customers using the A200 and they all seem
very pleased with the performance!

Jerry

                                                LTS@avnet.co.uk
                                http://www.avnet.co.uk/touchdown