Re: Fuel Tank Vent

Subject: Re: Fuel Tank Vent
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 09:02:54
        J Moran <jmoran01@earthlink.net>, Europa Net <europa@avnet.co.uk>

> Good Ideas?
> Yes. Put the vent pipe into an anti-siphon bottle in the roof and finally
> vent to atmosphere by passing a vent pipe from the high side of this bottle
> down the PORT SIDE through the Flap Drive slot. ie:- no external vent pipes
> to knock, any overflow discharges onto the ground and no vapours near the
> filler. Approved by the PFA on my schematic drawing .
> Regards
> Bob H   G-PTAG

Bob,

If you vent is completely internal does it get any of the forward airflow?
A vent facing sideways or in an area which opens to the airflow side will
get slightly negative pressure.  It probably doesn't make much difference
in your case since any fuel sucked up from the tank will be stopped by the
anti-siphon bottle.

Brian