Re: Inventory

Subject: Re: Inventory
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 09:10:36

>             The question about "where's the hinge" brings up a topic which I
> haven't seen before. The question is "how do you organize all those bits?".

My scheme is simpler than yours.  I went through all the parts and marked
them off the list, also writing down which box they came from.  Then they go
back in the box!  When I need a part I can look up where it is in a few
moments.  Since the small parts come in small boxes it doesn't take long to
find them.

When I start a new chapter I will go and get all the parts that I need.  These
parts go into a special box so that they are not lost.  So far this scheme has

only failed me once - I couldn't find the hinge wire for the ailerons!  Oh
well, Europa sent me another one.

Brian