Re: Gap Seals

Subject: Re: Gap Seals
From: J Moran <jmoran01@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:31:21
Another thought on gap seals for the Europa's flaps:  add a strip
of 1/2 inch wide foam tape along the bottom of the flap closeout
where the LE of the flap comes closest in the retracted position.
There is a gap of 1/8 inch here (accurately set during
construction) which should seal the flow when filled by the foam
tape.  Closed cell foam tape is less expensive than teflon seals
since it isn't designed specifically for use on aircraft....

John     N44EU