Re: Introductions

Subject: Re: Introductions
From: EuropaChris@netscape.net
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 18:41:41
Welcome aboard and congrats on your kit purchase!  You are going to have a lot
of fun.

FWIW, I would not recommend a pump for the epoxy at all.  Just use the scale.
Get an accurate to .1g/400g capacity unit as a minimum.  There are many on-line
sources for these.  Should cost you under US$150 for a nice little digital unit.
Get some clean bottles with pop tops and keep those in a warm cabinet (90
to 100 deg. F).  Measure the resin and hardner into a cup on your balance
according
to the mix ratio of your epoxy and away you go.  We've been doing it that
way for almost 1-1/2 years now, and it works great.  Others have used pumps
with good results, others the little balance beam balances.  To me, with the
relative long term use and infrequent use of the way we work, it seems the pump
would need a lot of cleaning and maintenance to keep th hardner from gumming
up the works.  If you were going through a gallon a week, that may be a
different
story.

At any rate, have fun!

chris and susan beck