Tri-Gear - Monwheel - Taildragger debate!

Subject: Tri-Gear - Monwheel - Taildragger debate!
From: Gerry Holland <gnh@ddsc.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 06:07:36

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Can I as suggest that this debate settles on personal preference and
choice and not deteriorate into a senseless 's**t throwing' contest.

I've been on other Mail 'Lists' where a cycle of this type of 'debate'
has very quickly caused bad feeling and loss of members.

The one thing we all had when purchasing the Europa 'adventure' was the
choice of a wider market of variable aircraft types and indeed some
members of this list are more than capable of designing their own
aircraft.

I am initially a Mono wheel Builder who has now chosen to go Trike after
long consideration of Tail-dragger. YES I probably do need counselling
on decision making!!

My decision was finalised on MY confidence, comfort and ability level on
the take off and landing phase of a Europa. These phases although very
important are only steps in the 'flying' of a Europa.

I will be trading the excellent landing choice afforded a Monowheel for
the more conventional landing requirements of the smaller wheeled Trike.
The Taildragger choice is there but not officially sanctioned by Europa
Aircraft but it is still a choice.

The main point of this ramble is that the 'FLYING' is the most important
aspect that has driven us all in this direction.

We have a beautiful, sometimes spirited Aircraft with most of the
characteristics and requirement that we haven't found in any other
Aircraft, and that choice was extensive.

In summary. Whatever choice You or I make, it is our choice based on
various data and personal feelings and shouldn't jaundice our views on
another persons choice.

No wonder starting Wars is so easy!!!

If I've over reacted then sorry to all I have offended. I like you
all!!!

Kindest Regards

Gerry

Europa 384 G-FIZY
Gerry Holland - Strategic Account Manager
IntraNet Solutions Inc.
Tel No. +44 (0) 7808 402404 (Mobile)
Tel No. +44 (0) 1753 701072 (Head Office)

Corporate Web Site : http://www.intranetsolutions.com

This message contains information, which may be privileged and confidential
and subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you
may not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you
have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
email, facsimile or telephone and return or destroy the original message.
Thank you.