FW:

Subject: FW:
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 21:55:50
Sorry Guys!
The "pathetic item " on the next last line below is actually the reception !
regards
Bob H  G-PTAG

Hi! Guys.
Time for a bit of "traffic" incoming to me for a change ?!
I have a sparkling new ICOM  IC-AC200 radio communication set new head  sets
and new Sigtronic SPA 400TSO Intercom. My aerial is the usual copper tape
one up the rear of the fin close out c/w toroids as required,
and it has been trimmed using a VSWR meter by a professional .
I can transmit "fives" from just about anywhere but reception disappears
at about 5 miles 1000ft. Same problem travelling to the ground station as
away from it. Parked in the garage at home it picks up "Airwaves" messages
---From Flight level 35 and even Volmet.!
We have tried flying with the GPS off, we've not yet switched the
transponder on, but not tried with the strobe off.
The co-axial runs down Starboard side with the trim power wires.
Anyone got any ideas why the transmission is so pathetic.?
Any contribution gratefully received!
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG