Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 21:37:38 -0000

Subject: Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 21:37:38 -0000
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 20:56:30
 Hi! Again.
Just to let you know I think Mike Gregory has  solved my com. problem.
The ICOM Transceiver brochure clearly says "SIMPLE TO OPERATE.- the
automatic squelch function eliminates the need to make inconvenient
adjustments. All required functions are activated with a MINIMUM number of
switches and controls"!
It's so bloody simple it doesn't cater for needing to tell me to TURN IT
WHEN PULLED TO ADJUST SQUELCH !!!!???????? It just says "Pull to test".
I'll revert when I've had a test flight, but I just heard London Information
on 126.775 from in my garage at about 180 miles away!!!!
Thanks everyone for their excellent and helpful messages. I owe you
one!(each)
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG