Re: Trailers

Subject: Re: Trailers
From: David Watts <dg.watts@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 21:35:43
We have trailered G-BXDY for over three years now (coming up to 600 hours on
the 'plane) and I can assure you it is not unrealistic.

We have been timed at 5 minutes assembly time. We haven't timed the
disassembly but my feeling is that it takes about a minute or so longer, for
some unknown reason.

We have an enclosed trailer, because it lives on our driveway and having
helped several times with 2 other Europas and thier open factory trailers, I
can say that there is no really obvious advantage to either in the handling
department, provided that the enclosed setup is sensibly arranged.

I have not suffered any condensation problems, but the trailer is double
skinned and insulated.