Re: Tailwheel spring/arm set up

Subject: Re: Tailwheel spring/arm set up
From: Dr. Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:12:52
Hello:

I have a classic kit and am somehow confused when to exactly put
in the extra layups, especially those aimed at strenghtening the
entire back to take the new tailwheel mod. I read in the tailwheel
installation kit that the large layups are supposed to lap onto the
sternpost.

Now, as most of us know, the original classic kit came without a
sternpost, so where do I lay these required enforcement layups up
to? In my case I bought the EUROPA sternpost as an additional
item but in my manual (XSTRIGEAR1998) it seems that the
sternpost will be mounted long after the top has been glued on the
bottom of the fuselage. How can I then layup the required glass in
a closed structure?

I am currently building the TRIGEAR conversion but like to keep
my options open for the glider wings for which I might like to
convert to MONO which in turn requires me to layup all those plies
lapping onto the sternpost...

So, when is the time to mount the sternpost, and hopefully layup
all the glass required for the new tailwheel?

Christoph Both #223UK, Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada