Tailwheel spring/arm set up

Subject: Tailwheel spring/arm set up
From: Emmet E. Welch <ewelch@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:30:12
Hey All,

In the process of setting up my tailwheel spring/arm and have a question.

I've set up per manual - 235mm below bottom of fuselage, my hole through the
sternpost is in the right place (1"/25mm above fuse skin), and spring tang
hole is almost exactly at the specified distance from sternpost front face.

Manual suggests you will need "about 5" 3mm ply/2 ply bid layers to build up
the mounting pad, leaving some space for mounting plate.  My calculations
show that I will need almost twice that.  Probably not a big issue but just
curious if anyone else has run into the same.

Emmet Welch
A141 Mono XS