Re: Fill and Bake, or Bake and Fill?

Subject: Re: Fill and Bake, or Bake and Fill?
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:05:42
I would say post cure before filling. bond 3/4 or 1" X 1/8 ali U channel to all
the
straight bits (TE, flanges) with micro, putting a layer of peelply in between to
hold
them straight before postcuring. twisted/banana shaped components will need a
very
strong fixture to hold them in the correct shape for post curing - and it's
probably
easier/faster to make new (correct) bits that a holding jig.

The only place I use a hot air gun is to flatten a bubble (no contact with foam)
before
injecting resin to rebond it...

all the best,

Miles