RE: Fill and Bake, or Bake and Fill?

Subject: RE: Fill and Bake, or Bake and Fill?
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:13:02
Hi! Dan
I'm no authority on the main content of your request for info but I'm
replying in haste to advise not to use a heat gun locally, the foam will
expand before the glass and pop it open. I would think the whole thing needs
a controlled heat soak whilst in a re-jigged position. Then a controlled
cooling over a period of time. I would suggest all filling needs to be done
after curing since the curing is to drive out any remaining chemical
activity
so there may be gasses to flow from under any filler.
At the temperatures you require the foam expands if it gets to melt you were
two hot and you should now be "pissed off"! You need to remember that the
foam is a great heat insulator.
All this very much IMHO !
regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG  Kit 337 Europa /Jabiru 3300