Re: Flying; Ingress of muck through wheel well.

Subject: Re: Flying; Ingress of muck through wheel well.
From: Jim Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 20:52:28
Dead simple - fit a mud guard to the wheel. I have had one fitted since new,
I fly from a very wet grass strip all year round and never get any mud
inside the wheel well let alone the interior. In 5 years of flying I have
only cleaned the wheel well three times, and that only entailed a wipe over
with a sponge and cloth, whilst I have had mud an inch thick on the
underside of the fuselage after some flights.