Re: Flying; Ingress of muck through wheel well.

Subject: Re: Flying; Ingress of muck through wheel well.
From: Roger.Mills@btinternet.com
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 18:39:14
>Some people have fitted a close fitting mudguard -
(but for some reason my throttle quadrant box doesn't
allow me sufficient space - otherwise I would do the
same)- that fixes ingress throiugh the retract lever slot.
Presumably you have a removable bulkhead in the
tunnel to the rear of the wheel in any case - if not, that
should stop the ingress to the rear.
Regards
Roger Mills
G-BVUV
>It's winter, it's cold, it's overcast again, and it's been
raining in the
>driest
>part of the country for the last five months !
>
>All the grass airstrips in my area including my own, are
sodden and barely
>useable.
>
>....... and every time I take off, my newly polished
windscreen and panel
>are
>smeared with a coating of fresh mud entering the
cockpit via the wheel well.

>It gains access through the monowheel undercarriage
retract lever.

>During the summer, dried grass and mud accumulates
around the fuel
>tank selector.
>
>There must be an answer to this seamingly trivial, yet
highly irritating
>problem...
>
>Any suggestions, anyone ?
>
>Alan
>
>On the subject of the 'Foot and Mouth' NOTAMS, could
it be that in the
>absence
>of antiseptic baths across every local farmstrip, there
is some danger of
>contamination on the wheels of aircraft flying inter-
county ? Perhaps that

info@avnet.co.uk