Navaid Servo

Subject: Navaid Servo
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 02:09:35
Message text written by Miles McCallum
>Anyone else had this problem, and come up with any solutions (other than
sending it
back).......?<

I had two problems with my servo. Firstly one of the wires was poorly
soldered to its terminal (easily rectified but worth checking for other
problem solder joints) and secondly I had a similar problem to you in that
the output arm was not fully free to travel when the servo was in certain
attitudes. In the Europa Club mod for the autopilot I wrote:

 'Before mounting the servo remove its cover and check it over. Mine had a
poor solder joint which needed redoing and the output gears (which are
meant to turn freely when the autopilot is disengaged) dragged when the
servo was held in certain attitudes. It is most important that there is no
restriction in the power off case.'

To avoid returning it, Navaid might describe to you how to solve the
problem. If they do I would like details so that I can include it in the
Europa Club mod.

Having returned mine to the factory it came back with the servo arm fully
free.

Nigel Charles