Greetings & question

Subject: Greetings & question
From: clevelee@cswebmail.com
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 17:44:20
Hi folks,
American in Detroit here, just joining the list and building N396ST Mono XS.

Currently own an Emeraude.  Am enjoying the process and have been impressed with
the kit to date - however. . .

It appears that the top skin on the (port) wing does not have the spanwise
reinforcement
positioned to properly line up with the wing rib's indentations.  With
most edges of the top skin lining up nicely and only trimming a small amount
---From the tip end and the cutout near the flap/aileron area, the last thing I
expected was to not have the reinforcement fall properly into the rib recesses.
When testing for fit the flexibility of the skin allowed it to drape in such
a fashion that the misalignment was not noticable.  When applying weight to
the skin for bonding, the 2" misalignment does not show up.  I have discovered
this, by accident, after bonding the skin on and not being satisfied with the
sound of the bond when tapping the rib locations (which I had the lucky
foresight
to mark.  It was confirmed by sliding a piece of music wire (with a 3/8"
"L" bent at the end)through a small hole I drilled in a few spots along the
lower
trailing edge. I can describe the exciting repair!
!
 in another message if anyone is interested.

Is this a documented 'thing' to watch out for?  If so, where is it documented?
Is there another source of 'extra' info suplementing the instructions that those
of you in the know know where to look?

Is there something else 'big' like this (i.e. bonding major sections) where
parts
fitting is not immediately obvious and bonding will result in a lifes event
to repair?

Thanks for your help.

Cleve Lee
clevelee@cswebmail.com