RE: Tie downs

Subject: RE: Tie downs
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 09:03:07
Hi! All
I missed the first request for this info from my direction.
Since G-PTAG is built to be convertible it has the tail wheel mod.
installed.
So needing a pulling point for trailer winch I use the tail wheel spring
leaf
as the anchor, It also provides a good tail/rudder protector in bad
landing/tip up incidents, like forgetting to prop up the rear of the a/c
when accessing the empenage through the "D" Panel !!!!!!(Been there done
that!)
I originally needed some rear ballast and at that time I had a brass
"bullet"
made to fit in place of the wheel assembly. (Fourth wheel on a trike looks a
bit defeatist !!)
Point being to all this is the strength factor is adequate.
Regards
Bob Harrison  Kit337 G-PTAG  Europa MK1/Jabiru 3300