RE: Surface finishing

Subject: RE: Surface finishing
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:29:02

  I haven't started yet but my plan of attack is to roll on three coates as
noted in the instruction book and  then use the HVLP sprayer to get the
close out ends of the flight controls and other areas inaccessable to the
rollers. Then continue  to give the final coats with the sprayer instead of
the roller. Then sand, sand, sand.

  Firsly I'd just use a paintbrush to get into the tricky spots, it works
fine. Secondly I'd just continue to roll on the smooth prime. The UV Smooth
Prime is incredibly easy to sand back to the point of being acceptable for
top coat and it's much easier to roll on than spray on.

  Tony