Pip Pin Holes

Subject: Pip Pin Holes
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:24:30
Message text written by "BT Internet"
>I am just thinking about cutting the holes in the tailplane for the pip
pins
and I was wondering if anyone had some up with a way of sealing the hole so
that it does not disturb the airflow.  I was thinking of putting in some
sort of screw thread with a screw-in cap, or perhaps a push-in plastic cap.
Any ideas would be gratefully received.<

I spent a lot of time trying to design a neat solution to this. My
inspector came up with a very simple solution which works well with the
wing pins and flap inspection holes as well. Just buy a sheet of white
circular self adhesive labels and place them in position once the aircraft
is rigged. Even if you rig the aircraft every flight this is a cheap and
effective answer to the problem.

Regards

Nigel Charles