landing gear frame

Subject: landing gear frame
From: flying <pauld.stewart.fly@virginnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 08:59:16
With the advice from this forum I set about installing the landing gear
frame and after some swearing and a little 'gentle' persuasion ended up with
it in such a position that the spacing from the firewall seems perfect and
the swinging arm comes up absolutely centre of  the wheel well and on the
centreline of the aircraft. HOWEVER, having drilled some of the bolt holes I
have realised that the plane of the engine mounts is not vertical. To acieve
that I would have to rotate the top of the landing gear frame forward by 3mm
and re-drill some of the bolt holes. Since I don't yet have the engine
fitting manual, is this something which can be rectified at the engine
mounting stage or do I need to get out with the drill again.

Regards Paul Stewart #432