Cowling thickness

Subject: Cowling thickness
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 10:27:05
Forwarded from the bounce bin. Message is from
Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>

Message text written by Miles McCallum
>Can any of you good folks out there tell me the thicknesses of the cowling
(XS type) on
the flanges, and how thick the fuselage is at the back of the cowling....
about to order
a bagful of Southco fasteners.<

Hi Miles

I found that -260 size was best as it limited the amount of rebating
required for the rear receptacles in the fuselage. The receptacles between
the top and bottom cowls then need spacers but unless you are going to have
a whole variety of fastener sizes this becomes inevitable anyway. This mod
is already covered by the Europa Club mod (available from Rowland Carson)
if you are interested. If I can be of further help please ask.

Regards

Nigel Charles