RE: Rudder Cable Guides

Subject: RE: Rudder Cable Guides
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:05:05
Hi! Bill.
Such a long time since I did the Mono work on G-PTAG I'm
a little unsure but I reckon that when you get the brake on, the clearance
is so minimal it's best to comply.
Landing a Mono on full rudder with a cross wind same way would be exciting
to say the least !
I haven't put the item in to which you refer since it is currently rigged as
"trike" but I have installed some plastic "fairlead" pipes as they emerge
---From the tunnel
aft , midway then to the "H" bump support,then at the bump support, then as
they pass through the tailplane bulkhead ,and Starboard side as it emerges
---From the fuselage but don't try to "fairlead" the Port one through the
aftmost bulkhead since it describes quite a
long horizontal slot. !
Also since my fuel pipes all go through the tunnel(Not into the seat pans)
since it is so "busy" in there I'm seriously considering winding some
plastic spiral electrical cable guard round the rudder cables just as
a final protection against any pipes moving against them.
Incidentally have you put a "ramp" onto and off each of the tufnol rubbing
guards at the start of the tunnel/firewall otherwise the cables can become
trapped
under the rubbing block.?

Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG.