Europa (UK) 265 - G-BZAM

Subject: Europa (UK) 265 - G-BZAM
From: David Corbett <David.Corbett@Farmline.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 17:41:30

Hello, Europa folk everywhere!

I am UK builder 265 - and Europa Club Treasurer - and my aircraft is
G-BZAM. Those of you who are Club members will have read my interim
report in the December 2000 issue of Europa Flyer; those of you who are
not members could always join, in order to read that article and all the
other super things that editor Dave Watts puts together. The Club has a
world-wide membership.

My aircraft took to the skies on 7th January, and completed its PFA
Flight Test programme on 29th January. The test pilot was Hugh Thompson,
a PFA coach, and I am glad to report that everything went really well.

I now await the annual Permit from PFA - can't wait! Now I will be able
to attend the fly-ins based in/from UK, diary permitting.

I should have joined this forum 5 years ago - but other matters, like my
workshop, kept me away from the airwaves!

Here is an answer for Miles Macallum. I used Camlocks from Light Aero
Spares. I have 1 off size 4, several each 5's, 6's, 7's, 8's and some
10's, an 11 or two, a 12 and a 13! This sounds horrific, but I recommend
a fishing fly box, and I also recommend Not fixing the camlocks
themselves. The reason for this is that we have had a Europa based here
at Shobdon which had its camlocks fixed - and the cowlings were very
difficult to get off.

Best wishes to you all,

David