Re: Mag Wires

Subject: Re: Mag Wires
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 14:03:37
>Hi All,
>I'm not exactly there yet but I was wondering what's the best way to get the
>mag wires thru the firewall and also have the quick disconnect-ability to the
>panel. I was thinking of using a cannon or amphenol recept. thru the wall and
>a plug on the panel. However, with the panel removed the mags wouldn't be
>grounded. I would then have to have another temporary ground to hook up to
>the mags. Any better ideas?
>Troy

We used a Cannon 96 pin ZIF plug. The pins are rated for up to 5 amps and
gold plated. Expensive but very convenient. Only the main bus required more
than 5 amps. We used about 60 of the pins eventually. You may be right
about the grounding of the mags but the Rotax will not fire unless it
reaches at least 250 rpm so there's not much risk.

Graham