Re: Roof Panel

Subject: Re: Roof Panel
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 16:35:32
Although it requires the ability to invert the fuse, or that it be
done before top half bonding, a simple and lightweight method is
fiberglass over foam.  I used  two-part, foam-making chemical mix,
sanded flush, followed by 2 layers of light weight glass.  At the
rear, I removed some of the result to install a cabin speaker, which
then allows access for mounting the door hinges.  At the front hinges,
I just drilled all the way through, enlarged the holes in the glass to
3/8' and installed plastic snap plugs.

Regards,
Fred F., A063