Re: amps

Subject: Re: amps
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 17:22:43

>  I am posting
>the planned circuit protection device ratings I am planning to use

It's important to realize that the fuse/breaker rating is chosen to
match the wire size of the outgoing circuit. The wire size is
previously chosen to safely supply the expected current drain of the
devices it feeds. The fault that will cause your protection device to
operate is just as likely to be a short to earth (common) part-way
along the wiring harness, as an internal fault in a black box.

So, I believe you need to include in this table the wire sizes you
intend to use for connecting each of the proposed loads, before
informed comment can be made on the correctness of your choices.

Good question, though!

regards

Rowland