Re: Fuel head sensing

Subject: Re: Fuel head sensing
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:11:17
Forwarded from bounce bin.  Message is from
"Kenneth S. Whiteley" <ken@kenwhit.demon.co.uk>

In message <ca.cecf2d9.274682c4@aol.com>, Grahamclk@aol.com writes
>The pressure sensor I am using is a Honeywell device 26PCAFA6D which is
>cleared for media which does not attack polyethermide, silicon,
>fuorosilicone, silicone, EPDM and neoprene seals!

Fuel will attack EPDM and will be marginal with Neoprene and silicone.

Ken Whiteley

Also :-

In message <00d601c0645c$0aa79ea0$09ffcbc1@jerry>, Jerry Davis
<lts@avnet.co.uk> writes
>I wouldn't mind knowing a good UK source for a 0.1g scale. I mix very little
>resin and therefore keep throwing stuff out because I have to make too much.

I use an Oertling OB6100-20 balance which I bought from the CP
Instrument Company. Expensive, but excellent quality.

I use a Lucas Anglestar DP-45 bought direct from Lucas Schaevitz in
Slough. Again more expensive than many quoted by the Europa group, but
excellent.

For all digital instruments it is important to distinguish between
indication steps and accuracy. In particular I looked at a Bosch level
which indicated in steps of 0.1 degrees, but the small print said that
the guaranteed accuracy was only 0.3 degrees.

Ken Whiteley (19)