Re: Fuel head sensing

Subject: Re: Fuel head sensing
From: Dave DeFord <davedeford@home.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 07:39:37
> In message <ca.cecf2d9.274682c4@aol.com>, Grahamclk@aol.com writes
> >The pressure sensor I am using is a Honeywell device 26PCAFA6D which is
> >cleared for media which does not attack polyethermide, silicon,
> >fuorosilicone, silicone, EPDM and neoprene seals!
>
> Fuel will attack EPDM and will be marginal with Neoprene and silicone.
>
> Ken Whiteley

The Honeywell 26PCAFA6D pressure transducer uses fluorosilicone seals, and
contains no silicone, EPDM, or neoprene (which are the other options for
seal materials for this device).  Their warning is meant to cover all of the
possible variations of the sensor.  A Honeywell applications engineer has
verified the suitability of these transducers for exposure to gasoline.  (My
partner and I are also using this device for fuel head pressure measurement
in N135TD.)

Dave DeFord, A135