Europa paint job

Subject: Europa paint job
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 18:04:15

Cristopher Both asked on 29.10.00 what product I was suggesting for a
gelcoat finish. A trip abroad and a flooded house and workshop has
prevented me getting the details until now. Roger Targett (professional
glider repairer as well as PFA inspector) uses Lesonal Werke (Germany)
product 0369066, obtained in England from Slingsby. He sprays it
although it can be brushed as well. Any little holes that appear are
readily filled with a fine stick and when hard it is rubbed down with
wet and dry paper finishing on 2000 grit. This is a pleasure to do
compared to dry sanding the filler and takes relatively little time to
produce a perfect finish which is then polished with hard wax. As the
product is UV proof it does not need under coat or Uv barrier. It gives
a lustrous finish which is as I and many others can testify hard enough
to land a glider on wheel up with barely a perceptible mark (although it
takes a very smooth landing, of course!) Efforts to send this directly
to C. Booth failed when his email address 'bounced'      David Joyce 402