Re: KakwormA

Subject: Re: KakwormA
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 23:37:35
>Apologies to anyone I may have unwittingly given worms to!This is just to
>say that I have applied the deworming treatment from the Symantic site whose
>lengthy address Roger Sheridan supplied, patched up the hole it got in
>through (sounds a bit like my former career), and changed my messaging
>format to plain text, so that it shouldn't happen again. What I am not clear
>about is which of you gave it to me in the first place!  David Joyce

Could have been anyone. Someone sent an email to me a couple of days ago,
with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs on it containing the hybris virus.I
wish now I'd checked who it was from before deleting it . Nasty, I'm told
but fortunately Mr Norton stopped it, so far as I can tell.
According to last week's New Scientist there are now viruses that infect
your PC as soon as a text message is opened. One answer is to view emails
on line before downloading them and deleting anything suspicious but its
hardly practical when looking at a forum with 20 or 30 messages on it.
Graham