Re: Digital scale and level

Subject: Re: Digital scale and level
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:19:20
> Hi Folks,
> I second this in both areas. I also am very satisfied with the Scout 400 and
> the Smart Level. Only wish I had  the approapriate weight to check the
> calibration of the scale.(never got a book with mine either)
> Troy -120

Not sure it's needed.  For resin mixing linearity is required (so for example
20g on the scale really is one fourth of 80g on the scale) but it doesn't matter
whether 80g is 78g or 82g.

I have an Ohaus LS200 and having access to another I put them side by side.
Everything I weighed gave the same reading on each, down to the 0.1g resolution,
and the linearity on both was also exact, down to 0.1g.  This was when they were
both fairly new and they might drift with time, but linearity isn't hard to test
with a selection of objects of the same weight.

On levels, I wouldn't knock a good carpenter's level, but I find the digital
level very handy indeed (and though mine has the 'false zero' function that
isn't used much).

John Cliff