RE: Foam.....

Subject: RE: Foam.....
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:28:11
Ferg:

You might want to try experimenting with some bass wood, balsa, or 1/8"
hobbyshop plywood laminated with the fiberglass.  I  made some backing
plates for my wing tip strobes out of the thin plywood and fiberglass and
was impressed with its stiffness and strength. I haven't tried to make
anything out of balsa and fiberglass yet but I would think that a 1/4"
sheet with 2 plies of bid on each side would be pretty stiff. The balsa is
probably easy to come by and its porous surface is likely to possess
characteristics good for bonding. Has any one out there done any thing like
this?

Steve Hagar
A143
Mesa, AZ