RE: Foam.....

Subject: RE: Foam.....
From: Rob Housman <robh@hyperionef.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 08:37:09
While you may be constructing load bearing members you are not constructing
structural members that will affect safety of flight, ergo, don't sweat the
small stuff.  In your application the foam contributes only shape not
strength so use whatever provides the shape you desire and don't worry about
the chemical makeup of the foam, unless you need to know the appropriate
solvent to remove the foam.

And, yes, the blue stuff is Styrofoam, generically known as polystyrene; see
http://www.dow.com/styrofoam/ for details, and more answers to your inquiry.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070