RE: Rudder gap

Subject: RE: Rudder gap
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 01:25:02
Hi! Chuck/Eric.
I used a Stern Post Mod. of Graham Singleton's but with extreme difficulty!
Firstly for some reason the stern post didn't match my set-up very well, so
with the aid of some "tee" section strongback straight edges and a multitude
of clamps (Looked somewhat like sputnik!) I reformed the angles of the
flanges with the aid of a heat gun !
I'm guessing but I'm thinking that your problem is that you need to set the
rudder further into the fin close out(at the same time making sure that the
rudder leading edge doesn't collide with the STBD side of the fin close out
on FULL deflection to PORT)
It is a horrible job but one that needs a "softly ,softly catchy spider"
approach, nibble a bit more here and a bit more there!  I used temporary
hinge holes ,just one in the top hinge and one in the bottom with small
bolts and nuts, then if you need to reposition then you've some lives left !
I'm pleased mines done !!!
Regards to all.
Bob H G-PTAG