RE: Hello

Subject: RE: Hello
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:43:14
Hi! Andrew.
Since my a/c is a MK 1 I will be limited to help you with your XS. However I
used an upturned Chest Freezer with an 8ft x 3ft kitchen formica surfaced
work-top fitted to it. My floor was painted with polythurane damp proof
( Jerk of a builder didn't put a membrane under the concrete!) so the
plastic surround of the freezer skids around the floor with ease. Also the
structure is quite rigid so levelling is very easy with wedges.
The 3ft width enables you to overhang both sides of the chest to make for
comfortable standing and it's height is more than a table would normally be
making for a good work piece height. If you need to reach over items it's
easy to stand on a platform around rather than to try to raise the work
surface.
I did some nav. lights on my wing tips , used domestic plastic conduit fixed
through the styrofoam of the MK1 Wings and inserted the wire during
construction . There are  some wing-tip pictures at :-
www.crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk/europa.htm
This web site is very expertly managed by John Cliff and is for all non-text
Europa messages .
Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG Kit 337 Europa/Jabiru3300.