Re: Hello

Subject: Re: Hello
From: bizzarro@easynet.co.uk
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:41:51
Hi Andrew,

In my opinion, wheels are not necessary on the table, infact, unless you
have a completely flat garage floor (which I am sure you don't), you dont
want the table to move once you have set the surface flat. We started by
setting the work bench in the middle of the room so as to get access from
all sides. It was about the same size as yours, and was perfect for the
job. Once the wings arrived, we moved it to the side of the room, cut it
down to 2.5 feet wide and re-leveled the surface. It is important to keep
it completely flat as you can induce twisting in the cores. However, we
built a classic wing, so I am not sure how many foam core layups you have
to do!

Our table design was 2 X 4 inch wooden frame, with cross members spread
accross the width of the table every 8 inches along the length of the
table. These supported a MDF work surface. It was a real bas#$%$$d to get
it level in one position, and we had to add local support points on some
of the cross supports to stop it sagging between the gaps. If it were on
wheels, that would have ment going through the whole 2.5 hour releveling
process every time we moved the table.

Now I am not sure about the xs wing design, but I would have thought that
you could install a conduite to house the strobe and lighting cables
running root to tip first, then you could push the wires through when it
is convenient. Also by adopting this method, you could replace the wires
should there be a problem rather than have them tacked to the ribs and
impossable to withdraw.

Good luck, and well done on the choise of plane.

Eddie

South East London Flying Group
www.crispsite.flyer.co.uk/newropa.htm

This message was sent by Easymail - http://www.easynet.co.uk/