Augmented exhaust port?

Subject: Augmented exhaust port?
From: Nic <tgynz@cts.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:49:28
Aloha!

The engine compartment exhaust ports of Bonanzas, etc. have the exhaust
collected and directed through an augmentor tube.
This greatly improves cooling on the ground because the jet blast at idle
(and above) is blowing throught the augmentor tube, drawing the hot engine
cooling air through the tube as well.
Add to this effect a little boost from a cuff on the prop, and cooling
problems can be a thing of the past.
Although the Jabiru 3300 has cooling ducts for the cylinders, the whole
engine bay (except carburation) needs(?) to be augmented out the exhaust
port.
Sometimes vents into the cowl, and sloppy baffling under the cowl, can ruin
any hope of pulling more air across the cylinders by augmentation.
For a trigear, this should be maybenotsodifficult?
My Monowheel XS is going to be tricky.
I don't know if I can generate enough flow with divided exhaust ports.
With the footwells seemingly in the way, I'm uncertain how to avoid the
centerwheel.
I hope to start building soon and hope for a three man team assembly time of
30 days. (quick build kit)
Lotsa more stuff to figure out.
I know. 60 days? Dream on.
Nic-xs145 :)