Jazz concert

Subject: Jazz concert
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 22:03:14
Dear Friends,
As some of you know, Joan and I organized a Jazz Concert here in Wirksworth
Town Hall to raise funds for the Air Ambulance Service and the Critical
Care Nurses Education Fund. The latter helps to finance training courses
and books etc for the Nurses on multiple injury trauma wards. Without
either of those organizations Isaac and I would not have recovered from our
accident back in March. We were delighted to see so many friends at the
town hall, around 150 people came and we all had a most enjoyable evening.
There was even room to jive,  which happily I can still just about manage.

Prize for the longest trip goes to Tony K, who altered his schedule to fit
us in, Harald and Susanne Linke came from Hamburg, not quite as far but a
delight to meet them again. It was especially rewarding to have two of the
nurses who looked after us and to be able to present them with a cheque.

There were many donationsand from around 50 people unable to attend, from
the Europa Club, and with the ticket, raffle and bar money we raised 2,100
to share between the two funds. A most rewarding evening. Thanks to
everyone but especially to my partner Joan, who did most of the organizing,
and most of the worrying too.

Graham